- The Chicken Thief by Beatrice Rodriguez
- Akata Witch by Nnede Okorafor
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe (Vol. 5) by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Scott Pilgrim’s Finest Hour (Vol. 6) by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Horoscopes for the Dead: Poems by Billy Collins
I think my favorite book of the week was Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe. I started reading the series a little more than a week ago and finished it within days. It’s a great series that’s full of laughs. This week I have a ton of books to read because I have several that need to be returned to the library next week. Luckily I have plenty of time to read them all. Here’s this week’s stack:
- Sugar in My Bowl: Real women write about real sex edited by Erica Jong (ARC)
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt (ARC)
- Neil Flambé and the Marco Polo Murders by Kevin Sylvester. I rarely read mysteries but once I saw the cover of this, I couldn’t pass it up.
- Exclusive Love: A Memoir by Johanna Adorján
- Sugar Changed the World: A Story of Magic, Spice, Slavery, Freedom, and Science by Marc Aronson and Marina Budhos
- The White Woman on the Green Bicycle by Monique Roffey
- The Surrendered by Chang-Rae Lee
- Before You Suffocate Your Own Fool Self by Danielle Evans
- The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (read-along)
That’s nine books in nine days. It’s a lot but I think it’s doable if I restrict my online time. We’ll see how it goes. What are you reading this week?