I haven’t written a post about gratitude in years. I need to change that. There’s always something to be grateful for. But first,
Things I’m not grateful for:
-The fact that I don’t have a job yet. I’m trying as I fill out application after application, submitting my resumѐ and waiting for calls. I’m tired of hearing that I’m a good or great candidate but I’m not experienced/extroverted enough. It reminds me of Susan Cain’s Quiet. I’m not apologizing for being an introvert.
Things I’m grateful for:
-My upcoming summer plans. Our school year is over on the 30th of this month. I plan on reading as much as I can this summer. I feel like hugging my books.
-My family. We make each other laugh as fast as we make each other cry. I’m glad that I know each and every one of them. I’m talking about my immediate family. My extended family? Well, that’s different!
-Carrot cake. My local store makes some amazing carrot cake. It’s getting to the point that it’ll be cheaper if I just learned to make it myself.
-Last but not least, all of you guys. You guys are what keeps me going online. I love reading your posts on your lives and thoughts about books, movies, and anything else. I love the letters I receive from you guys and all the nice comments. Thank you. I appreciate every single one of you.
What are you grateful for today?
With Thanksgiving coming up, I thought today would be a great day to post about what I’m grateful for.
What I’m not grateful for:
1. The fact that I have the flu. Last week I felt like I was coming down with something and now I have it. I have two major tests coming up next week (after having one last week) and all I want to do is sleep. Instead, I’m up and studying.
2. The fact that Graphic Novels Week is a bust. Damn I had plans for this week. I’m still going to post reviews as soon as I can. At this point, NaNoBloPoMo is also a bust.
3. I’m a little ungrateful for school right now. This semester has been filled with tests. Test after test after test. I love my classes but this is getting pretty ridiculous. I’ve even had a class where the professor added an extra test.
4. My lack of reading. I haven’t finished an adult book in probably a month, which leads me to . . .
What I’m most grateful for:
1. Jen’s Thankfully Reading Weekend event. After I take my last test (of the week) on Wednesday and finish preparing our Thanksgiving meal, I can actually read! There’s so many “best of 2012” book lists that are being published, that it’s hard to keep it. My reading list is still growing! Even though my reading has been lacking, I’ve still put a few books on hold. I don’t have high expectations but I would love to read at least one book.
2. Cooking. With the lack of reading and abundance of tests, cooking is keeping my spirits up. Yesterday I made beef stew to go with this rainy weather we’re having. Today I’m making tortilla soup for dinner and trying out a new pumpkin muffin recipe.
What are you grateful for this weekend?