Going on all of 2015
My goal: to read 6 chunksters.
January 1st – April 1st
My goal: To read 20 books off my tbr (to be read) pile by April 1st.
TOTALLY FAILED THIS ONE
All of 2015
My goal: to read at least 25 books written by a person of color.
- Twenty-Two Cents: Muhammed Yunus and the Village Bank by Paula Yoo (children’s book)
- Other People’s Children: Cultural Conflict in the Classroom by Lisa Delpit (nonfiction)
- Your Illustrated Guide to Becoming One with the Universe by Yumi Sakugawa (graphic nonfiction)
- Sona and the Wedding Game by Kashmira Sheth (children’s fiction)
- This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamiki (middle grade graphic fiction)
- Saga Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan (graphic fiction)
- Lullaby by Langston Hughes (children’s fiction)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (nonfiction)
- No More Prisons by William Upski Wimsatt (nonfiction)
- The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex (middle grade fiction)
- Ms. Marvel Vol. 2 Generation Why by Willow G. Wilson (graphic fiction)
- Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine (poetry)
- Rat Queens Vol. 2 by Kurtis Wiebe
- The New Small Person by Lauren Child (children’s fiction)
- Draw What You See: The Life and Art of Benny Andrews by Kathleen Benson Haskins (children’s nonfiction)
- The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste (middle grade fiction)
December 15, 2014 – February 1, 2015
My goal: to read at least 2 books to support my resolution to journal every day.
Read-along book: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Hosted by Alyson at Kid Lit Frenzy
My goal: to read 50 nonfiction picture books