It’s that time where I get to share with everyone my favorite books of the year! So looking back at all the books I’ve read for 2013, it was a “meh” sort of year. There were some good books, some great ones, and a lot of “meh” reads, which is why overall my year wasn’t that great. As I write this (Sunday morning), I’ve read 249 books in all. By the time January hits, I’ll probably add two more books to that number.
Before I get to my favorite books of the year, here’s a few things about the list that surprised me.
1. Most of the books that made the list were published in 2013. That’s never happened before.
2. None of the books that made the list were books I owned. This is one more reason why I’m tackling my tbr mountain in 2014.
3. The oldest book on my list is Madeline L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time. It was originally published in 1973.
4. The newest book on my list is The Visionist by Rachel Urquhart. It’s publication date is January 14, 2014. I found it such a good read that I had to add it to my list of favorites.
5. Every book that made my list is a book that I’m willing to buy. Pure and simple. If I’m not willing to buy it, I won’t give it five stars or add it to my list.
So enough of that, here’s my favorite books of 2013:
Have you read any of these books? Which books made your “favorites” list of 2013?