Here’s the first hour meme:
1. I’m reading from Southern California, also known as SoCal.
2. This time around I don’t have a stack of books. I’m just going to read whatever I want. My first two books will be XO Orpheus, a collection of short stories that retell world mythology, and The Whatnot by Stefan Bachmann.
3. The snack I’m looking forward to is homemade peanut butter cookies. I just have a craving for them.
4. You want to know something about myself? I’m the mother of three kids, lives close to the beach but only prefer to go during the winter. Strange I know.
5. I’ve been participating in Dewey’s Read-a-thon since the very first one. The only thing different I’m doing today is . . . nothing. I’m doing the same things as always: tons of cheerleading, very little reading, and eating plenty of snacks. Plus, my kids are joining in too.
I hope everyone who’s participating in the read-a-thon today have fun! Also, cheer your fellow readers on if you have time.
Are you participating in today’s read-a-thon?
Unfortunately, a few hours after the read-a-thon started, I wasn’t feeling that great. I ended spending the rest of the event in bed, sleeping with chills and a slight fever. Whatever it was, it’s gone so I’m happy. Books read: 0. Blogs cheered: around 30.