A few days ago, I found out that Kate (Nose in a Book) is hosting an Easter Read-a-thon. Over here in California, today is the last day of school before spring break starts. I have one week of freedom so I’m taking advantage of this time to join the read-a-thon. The event is from today until Monday evening but in my case, it will be from this evening until Sunday, April 7th. My goal is to read as much (or as little) as I want. I’m using the next week to finish books I’ve already started reading including:
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Far From the Tree: Parents, Children, and the Search for Identity by Andrew Solomon
- Soundings: The Story of the Remarkable Woman Who Mapped the Ocean Floor by Halli Felt
- Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
- Yellowcake by Margo Lanagan
Since I plan on spending so much time reading, I’m just going to try and update this post every day. So that’s my pile. What are your plans for this weekend?
1st Update – Friday night
I finished Eleanor & Park. I thought it was a nice sweet read about two teenagers in love. Now I’m trying to figure out what to read next: Half-Blood Blues, which I have on audio and in print, or Yellowcake.