Good morning! It’s chilly yet sunny on this SoCal morning. Instead of being surrounded by good reading material, I’m surrounded by my math book and the piles of notes I’ve taken over the past week. The summer semester started last Monday and I’m facing my first test tomorrow morning. I’m already in a reading rut but now my reading is becoming pretty nonexistent which is awful since I have so many great-looking books checked out from the library. I can’t share with you what I’m reading but I can share what I’m grateful (and not grateful) for.
What I’m not grateful for (as once suggested by Bryan):
- I haven’t read much with the kids this week. With everyone in some activity during the day and exhausted at night, our reading has dwindled. Hopefully we’ll adjust soon to our new schedule and start back reading again today.
- Reading rut. Ugh! It’s summer, the time of chunksters and classics. I should be surrounded by great books and not textbooks.
- My dwindling bank account. Enough said.
- My lack of blogging. When you’re a book blogger, reading and blogging ruts go hand-in-hand.
- My grandmother passing. My grandmother was 97 years old and had a long good life. Though I hate that she’s gone, I’m grateful that she wasn’t in pain and died in her sleep.
What I’m grateful for:
- Slowly but surely getting through my math. I’m not one of those people who hate math but I do prefer to go at my own pace to get it. That’s not really something you can do with a summer math class. The class is taking me out of my comfort zone, which I do really mind.
- My ability to ignore a mirror. That might sound a little strange but I’m growing my hair out. It’s thick and curly and in that dreadful in-between stage.
- My old friend coming over with her kids yesterday. We had a great time and the kids made new friends.
It’s a small list but those are the things I’ve been thinking about. What are you grateful for?