Morning! Today is supposed to be 80 degrees. I’m a fall/winter person so I’m not exactly enthusiastic about the weather. Oh well. I plan on spending most of the day indoors, doing homework and reading. I finished one book yesterday, started another one last night, and plan on reading a third book, Jeanette Winterson’s Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal this afternoon.
I have a question. Why Be Happy won’t be in stores until Wednesday and the copy I have is an ARC. I love adding quotes to my reviews to illustrate a point or to let readers know about the language of a book. What I want to know is, do you use quotes from the unfinished copy? I usually do but I’ve been thinking about that lately. Should I start asking publishers for a finished copy or just keep using quotes from the unfinished copy?
This week I’m least grateful for:
- The stress that my math class put me through. I’m glad that crap is over.
- My kids’ dad. I’m glad that crap is over too.
- Eye strain. *sigh* I can’t get on the computer for longer than a hour or two before my eyes start hurting.
This week I’m most grateful for:
- My math class is over! Yay! Who knew that one class could make me feel so bad?
- Music! Right now I’m listening to a ton of artists from Beyonce to Kelly Clarkson, Rebecca Ferguson to Jill Scott along with a little Young Jeezy.
- New glasses. My eye strain is forcing me to get new glasses for the first time in more than two years.
- My daughter’s family tree project. Every fourth grader at my kids’ school has to do a family tree project. We’re using Ancestry.com to complete our project along with interviewing various family members. It’s been such a great experience. I even found a great-great uncle that I didn’t know existed along with my great-great-great grandfather’s World War I draft papers. We still have two more weeks until Piper’s project has to be turned in. I can’t wait to see what else we find. So far, we have seven generations of family noted.
What are your plans for today? What do you think about using unfinished ARCs for quotes in book reviews?