Good morning! It’s a cold windy day here in Southern California. The sun is out, the birds are chirping and my mood couldn’t get any better unless I won the lottery! After struggling for weeks with my math class, I found out that I can drop it! Thank God. I plan on learning the material on my own, at a much slower pace. I feel so much lighter. Now I can find the time to review books.
Last week I started reading Catherine Chung’s Forgotten Country. It’s the story of two sisters who couldn’t more different from each other. As I was telling Candace this morning, it’s a quiet book. I love the language of it. After Forgotten Country, I plan on reading Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas, a non-fictional tale about the author’s love of Paris. It seems like a perfect time to read it after posting about my word of the year, wanderlust.
With February and my math class behind me, I’m trying to figure out my goals for March. Here’s what I know so far:
- I want to read and review the seven ARCs that I own with a March publication date.
- I want to give away ten books this month to my local library or thrift store.
- Buy dental insurance since I didn’t do it last month.
- I’m still looking for a great place to rent.
- Participate in several read-alongs: Cloud Atlas, 11/22/63, and Momento Mori (over at My Friend Amy),
- Join Rebecca from The Book Lady as she reads Toni Morrison’s backlist. More about that next week.
- I’m also joining Kirsten for Diana Wynne Jones Month.
Yes, it’s a lot of goals but I feel like I’m Wonder Woman and I can do anything right about now. So what are you reading this weekend? Do you have any goals for March?