Most Grateful for:
- I’m less overwhelmed by my school work. It’s been pretty hard being a mom and taking almost the maximum amount of units this semester. I think what’s saving me from insanity is the fact that I’m enjoying most of the subjects except math.
- Family! My mom is so supportive of me. Yesterday she bought me a new printer since the two that I already owned were breaking down. Plus, she watches my kids so I can go to my evening psychology class. I don’t know where I would be without her.
- Jill Scott’s music. If you don’t listen to her, you should change that.
- LetterMo! Yes, I’m always adding it to my list on Sundays but it’s such a great feeling to receive snail mail. This is the last week of LetterMo but I’m still going to keep it up. I have about ten letters to mail off this week.
- The fact that I finished two books last week: Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral along with How to Be Black by Baratunde Thurston, which was a hilarious read.
- Poetry! I’m dipping in and out of a ton of haiku collections right now including Basho: The Complete Haiku by Matsuo Basho and translated by Jane Reichhold.
Least Grateful for:
- The feeling that I’m in an Adele song. There’s a guy I’ve been crushing on (not-so-secretly either) for the past few years. Yesterday, I found out that he’s dating my neighbor. It’s really time to move. Did I mention he looks like Orlando Bloom?
- The lack of blog writing, reading, and commenting. This week I want to do much better.
With poetry, my mom, and LetterMo, there’s so much to be grateful for. What are you grateful for this weekend?