- The lovely M over at Buried in Print wrote a great review of Monoculture: How One Story is Changing Everything by F.S. Michaels. M writes great reviews and I usually add most of the books she writes about to my tbr list. Monoculture is no exception.
- There’s a fantastic post that just went up today at Books Are My Boyfriends about books whose subject matter shouldn’t be joked about.
- Even though it’s late November, it’s already time to think of next year’s reading challenges. I thought about not joining any challenges next year since I’m going to have a hectic school schedule but after reading Marg’s post at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader about reading challenges being a challenge, I changed my mind. Are there any reading challenges that you’re looking forward to?
- The Morning News is asking its readers: what are your three favorite books of the year? TMN is getting ready to release its shortlist for The Tournament of Books in early January and would like your input. I can’t wait to see this list.
- Speaking of 2012, Library Journal has posted their list of the 25 fiction titles they think readers should be aware of. These are books that will be published between January – April 2012. I’m interested in a few like the latest Ellis Avery book though I haven’t gotten around to reading The Teahouse Fire yet. I can’t wait to see the non-fiction titles.
- Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Book Bloggers Holiday Card Exchange. If you love receiving mail and finding out about other bloggers, I think this is a great event to join.