I don’t know what happened but September was a horrible month for reading! I looked at my Goodreads account last night and saw that while I read 30 books last month, the majority of them were children’s books. I’m trying to make a sizable dent in my tbr pile so reading children’s books from the library isn’t helping.
My favorite books from September are:
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Lost at Sea by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- What the World Eats by Peter Menzel and Faith D’Aluisio
- Max’s Words by Kate Banks
- The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- A People’s History of an American Empire by Howard Zinn
- The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye
Earlier this year after looking at my sagging over-stocked shelves filled with unread books, I decided to do two things: give away more than 100 books and read 312 books by December 31st. . So far I’m doing pretty well. I’ve given away eighty books to my local thrift store and public library and read 235 books.
I’m determined to make October the month to kick my reading in gear and finish giving away the last twenty books. I started on The Night Circus last week, read a page, and haven’t picked it up since. It expires in a few days so it’s one of the many books that I’m looking forward to reading this week.
What about you? What are your plans for October? Are there any books you’re looking forward to reading?