The sun is out, the wind is blowing, and there are plenty of clouds in the sky. Right now is the perfect time for a cup of coffee and a good book. For the Thankfully Reading Weekend, even though I started early, I managed to finish only four books:
- Nat Turner by Kyle Baker
- Bookhunter by Jason Shiga
- The Song of the Whales by Uri Orlev
- Bayou by Jeremy Love
Since the year is coming to an end (not fast enough!), I decided to dedicate December to my tbr pile. I started the year with just enough space on my shelves to fit every book I owned. I went on a few book binges in the past few months so now I need another bookcase. It would be much easier (and less expensive), if I just read what I have. So tomorrow I plan on returning most of my library books except the two that I’m in the middle of.
A few of the books that I’m looking forward to reading next month:
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
- We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
- Lit by Mary Karr
- Everything Matters! by Ron Currie Jr.
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
So now I’m off to read The Undertaking: Life Studies From the Dismal Trade by Thomas Lynch. I’m doing a research project about art, cemeteries, death and dying. Lynch is an undertaker and a poet. So far the writing is really good.
What are you reading today?