Today has been a busy day for me. Happily I’m finally able to sit down and write this post. With next week the start of the new semester, I’m trying to fit in as much reading as possible. I’m not doing a read-a-thon or anything like that, but I’m taking advantage of my last week of freedom. Here’s what I’m hoping to finish this week:
- Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk. Rebecca at The Book Lady’s Blog has been recommending this book ever since she read it last year. After a conversation on Twitter with her and Jill from Fizzy Thoughts and Heather from Capricious Reader, I’ve decided to drop everything and read the book now.
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. I’m reading this because of next week’s That’s How I Blog show hosted by Nicole over at Linus’s Blanket. Nicole is interviewing Rebecca who picked Waters for the 20-minute book discussion.
- Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose. After mentioning this book in last week’s post I started re-reading it again.
- Roman Fever and Other Stories by Edith Wharton. For the Edith Wharton Classics Circuit which started today. I’m posting a review of the book at the end of the month.
- The Sea Birds Are Still Alive by Toni Cade Bambara. After reading Bambara’s short story, “Medley”, for the first time a few months ago I had to go out and buy Bambara’s out-of print collection of short stories.
I’m hoping that I get all of this read by Sunday. Wish me luck. What books are you planning to read this week?