This hour’s mini-challenge is to share a favorite post by Dewey or share a memory we have of her.
Dewey is my blogging idol. She made writing book reviews and memes seem like the easiest thing in the world to do. She was funny, smart, a voracious reader, and you couldn’t help but share in her passion even if you didn’t read the same genres she read.
Some of the things I loved about Dewey:
- She was easy to talk to
- The last book she reviewed was East of Eden my favorite that I promised her she would love
- Her encouragement throughout the short time I knew her
- Bringing our beautiful community together through events like the read-a-thon
- Her humor. She could make anyone laugh
- Her generosity. She gave with her whole heart and didn’t think twice about it
- One of my favorite posts of her’s is the Why Do We Read? Meme. It’s classic Dewey.
If you’ve never been over there, go over to Dewey’s blog, The Hidden Side of the Leaf, and look around. You’ll find posts that will make you laugh, cry, and think. You’ll find reviews for great books and not-so-great ones. Though Dewey’s gone, you may even find a new friend.
Love you, Dewey.