We’ve all seen the lists, we’ve all thought, “I should really read that someday,” but for all of us, there are still books on “The List” that we haven’t actually gotten around to reading. Even though we know they’re fabulous. Even though we know that we’ll like them. Or that we’ll learn from them. Or just that they’re supposed to be worthy. We just … haven’t gotten around to them yet. What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?
I’m going to limit my books to the ones on my bookshelves.
- The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck.
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
- Sula – Toni Morrison
- The Year of Fog – Michelle Richmond
- The Gravedigger’s Daughter – Joyce Carol Oates
- Loving Frank – Nancy Horan
- The Color Purple – Alice Walker
- Nights at the Circus – Angela Carter
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
Have you read any of these books? What were your favorites? Which one should I read next?