The past seven days have been very chaotic. Hours after coming home from school last Tuesday, I became very tired and went to sleep early, hoping that all I needed was some rest. Wrong! I ended up with a fever of 104 and unable to go to the doctor because I was too sick to get myself there. Soon everyone in the Vasillis household was sick. From Grandma to the baby, all of us except my oldest were coughing, feverish, miserable lumps.
Today is the first day I felt okay. Everyone else has felt better for days but every time I thought I was getting better I would later end up exhausted and in bed again. I couldn’t even read while I was sick which is a first in my life. I want to thank everyone for their get-well wishes. I really appreciate it.
February turned out to be a horrible month for reading. I read a total of nine books:
1. Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile – Bill Willingham
2. Fables Vol. 6: Arabian Nights – Bill Willingham
3. The Poet Slave of Cuba – Margarita Engle
4. Daphne’s Book – Mary Downing Hahn
5. Ziggy’s Blue-Ribbon Day – Claudia Mills
6. Chicken Feathers – Joy Crowley
7. Potato Joe – Keith Baker
8. A Couple of Boys have the Best Week Ever – Marla Frazee
9. A Child’s Day – Ida Pearle
I enjoyed every book but I can’t believe that I only read two adult reads. Let’s hope March will be a better reading month. Now I’m off to sleep. I’m exhausted still.