My week has been really hectic. My oldest son’s asthma has been acting up so his father, my mother, and I have been going back and forth, staying at home to take care of him this week. I got very little studying done, but I got some great reading in.
1. The Shiniest Jewel -Marian Henley. In their shoes & Graphic Novel challenges
2. Tuesday – David Weisner. Young readers challenge
3. How to be an explorer of the world – Keri Smith
4. Don’t let the pigeon stay up late – Mo Willems. Young readers
5. A River of words – Jen Bryant. Young readers
6. The Man in the Picture – Susan Hill. NaJuReMoNoMo
7. The Book That Changed my Life. Dewey and Essay Reading Challenge
8. The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle – Jim Butcher. Graphic Novels Challenge
My favorite reads were The Shiniest Jewel, the suspenseful The Man in the Picture, and Welcome to the Jungle. If you’re participating in my memoir challenge, In Their Shoes, I’m giving away The Shiniest Jewel. So enter to win it.
This post is entitled “Too many books” because I received some great books this week and bought too many. One of my book-related resolutions this year was to only buy a certain amount of books. I already went way over that, so to compromise I gave a lot of my unread books to my local library and giving more away by hosting a mini-challenge all of February for everyone participating in the Dewey’s Books challenge.
With school and a lot of homework to catch up on this week, I plan to read only short stories and poetry for the next two weeks.
What are you reading this week?