It’s back!! Carl’s annual Readers Imbibing Peril or R.I.P. Challenge is back. I have been waiting for this challenge all year long. I am so happy.
The R.I.P. Challenge runs from September 1st through October 31st. The theme is to scare yourself silly reading books from the mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, and/or supernatural genres. You can even start reading now if you wanted to.
This is my favorite peril. I plan on reading at least four books from my pool of potential reads.
1. The Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
2. The Graveyard Book – Neil Gaiman
3. I am legend – Richard Matheson
4. Dracula – Bram Stoker
5. Breaking Dawn – Stephenie Meyer
6. Fragile Things – Gaiman
7. 20th Century Ghosts – Joe Hill
8. The Historian – Elizabeth Kostova
9. We have always lived in the castle – Shirley Jackson
10. The Haunting of Hill House- Shirley Jackson
11. The Best American Mystery Stories of 2006 & 2007
12. Case Histories – Kate Atkinson
13. Lasher – Anne Rice
14. Hellboy Vol. 1 – Mike Magnola
15. Y: The Last Man Vol. 2
16. The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1 – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle