What is up with 2012? I usually don’t feel like time is starting to fly by until April when summer is just around the corner. Instead, time has been slipping away since January.
In April, I read 17 books including:
- Hades by George O’Connor
- The Humming Room by Ellen Potter
- The Behavior Gap by Carl Richards
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Alcestis by Katharine Beutner
- Bake Sale by Sara Varon
They were all good reads but with the exception of Hades, they weren’t great. Reviews are coming soon for all of them.
The next three weeks promise to be chaotic as the semester comes to an end. My reading stack for May is going to be small at best. Since April was such a mediocre month for reading, I’m checking my shelves for books that are beautiful yet devastating. I want to read something that rips my heart out. Here’s what I’m hoping to read this month:
- Girlchild by Tupelo Hassman
- Continue reading Game of Thrones with M
- Land to Light On: Poems by Dionne Brand
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Beloved by Toni Morrison (re-read)
- Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
- What Looks like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage (re-read)
I’m also participating in Joy’s Reader Workouts, a weekly event hosted by Joy at Joy’s Book Blog. Bloggers share their exercise goals and cheer each other.
My monthly exercise goal for May is to ride by bike every other day for at least two miles. Two miles isn’t a lot but I’m trying to make riding my bike a habit again. I hate getting on my bike after being off of it for weeks and feeling so tired so fast.
Those are my goals for May. What are you looking forward to this month?