Crazy Beautiful (2009)
Instead of just giving you the regular book review format, I’m giving you five reasons why Crazy Beautiful is a great book and why I think you should give it a try.
Reasons why I love Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted:
1. Great characterization. The main characters, Lucius and Aurora, are a blast to read about. After losing his arms in an explosion of his own doing, Lucius and his family moves to a new town for a fresh start. Aurora Belle is also getting a new start in the same town with her father after losing her mother to cancer. The instant they see each other it feels as if they’ve always known each other. The problem: Lucius is deemed crazy by everyone except Aurora and her father while Aurora becomes the new addition to the popular crowd.
2. It’s about seeing the good in people, knowing who you are and being that person instead of what’s easier for others to deal with.
3. The story is so addictive that I read this book in one sitting. It’s not often that a book makes you drop everything you need to do and read it. The reader almost instantly starts to care about the characters. You want to know as much as possible about them.
4. The book is sparse, giving the reader only the details needed for the action to keep going.
5. This book has made Lauren Baratz-Logstead one of my newest favorite authors. I will definitely be checking out her other books.
Have you read this yet? If so, please let me know so I can link to you.